Friday 15 April 2016

Are we there yet?



My travel plans for 2016...





So have some very exciting plans for this year. I have always felt like I needed to find the time to do something for myself but struggled to break out of the same old routine. Work was a huge factor and with a steady wage coming in each month, it was a difficult decision whether I wanted to give that up and settle for a basic (probably minimum wage) part time job but, the benefit being.. Travel for a year.

Anyone that knows me knows I find it hard to step out of my comfort zone and the truth is I'm just a big scaredy-cat haha! I really wanted to travel but felt as though I wouldn't know where to start. However, when my boyfriend one night asked If I would like to go to Australia for a year I jumped at the chance!
So that is our plans for 2016/17. We will be heading to Asia for a couple of months and then head on over to Australia. This was a good option to see more of the world but also to break up the long-ass trip to Australia - the flight is a killer!
We have planned where we would like to visit but most of our days are free and we cannot wait to have a non-structured lifestyle for a year or so. I still have a lot to get organised (will probably leave everything to the last minute as usual) However, we are only taking backpacks and I am having a mental breakdown at having to pack. There are so many items I want to take but know they are nowhere near practical.
The only information I know for a fact is that I leave for Bangkok on the 15th of June - which Is creeping up at a very fast pace! It will be strange to be away from my family for a long time but can not wait to get out there and have this experience! I am going to be daily vlogging - hopefully! Never done it before and I think I will find it quite daunting at first (also my accent is horrific) but I want to document this trip. There will be weekly posts on my blog too so keep an eye out!
Do you guys have any plans? Or a know a travel blogger that I must watch?
Would love to hear about it!
C x